William H. Clement is a former professional ice hockey player who became an author, speaker, actor, entrepreneur, and hockey broadcaster.
Clement played 11 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL), and was named an All-Star twice. He spent his first four years with the Philadelphia Flyers, with whom he won two Stanley Cup championships (1974, 1975). Clement later played for the Washington Capitals, whom he captained, and the Flames, both in Atlanta and Calgary.
Clement has broadcast five different Olympic Games and has worked for ESPN, NBC, ABC, Versus, Comcast SportsNet and TNT in the U.S., and CTV, CBC, Rogers Sportsnet and Sirius XM Radio in Canada.
His acting credits include work on the ABC daytime drama All My Children and more than 300 television ads for clients such as Chevrolet, Bud Light, and Deepwoods Off. He was also one of the in-game announcers on EA Sports’ NHL video games from NHL 07 through NHL 14, as well as on 2K Sports’ NHL 2K series in ESPN NHL Hockey and ESPN NHL 2K5.
Bill talks about:
- How to pronounce “Clement”
- Learning from failure
- Never quit but reset goals for maximum motivation and satisfaction
- Always look through the windshield not the rear view mirror to find opportunities
- Use goals and reward for motivation and good habits
- Nobody gets out alive
- Adopt a positive yet adaptable mindset that allows each of us to make physical activity an act of joy
- Make every day the best day of your life
- The Arc of Haywood Country, a non-profit making the world a better place