Pain is a terrible word. Four little letters that I used to believe mean I can’t or I’m broken or worse. But, today on episode 124, I speak with Ryan Whited and Matt Fitzgerald, co-authors of Pain and Performance, to hear the origin story behind “Training as Treatment” and the 3-step process that we all can use to get on the path to better performance and less downtime and less hassle with pain solutions that don’t work. While pain is communication, it does not mean “injury” or “imbalance” or “wear and tear”…and we can be more self sufficient in managing pain.
Related info and other Matt Fitzgerald episodes:
- Paragon Athletics
- Pain and Performance on Amazon
- Episode 82 — Mind Over Muscle w/Matt Fitzgerald
- Episode 76 – Body Comp w/Matt Fitzgerald
Some of the many Wise Athletes episodes about Pain
- Episode 92 – Knee Magic w/Ebonie Rio
- Episode 83 – PainScience w/Paul Ingraham
- Episode 73 – End to Pain w/Rick Olderman PT
- Episode 52 – Make Your Joints Last w/Howard Luks MD
- Episode 14 – Pain is Not What You Think w/Charlie Merrill PT
Want to support the show?
If you are enjoying WiseAthletes, a great way to support the show is by leaving a review on the Apple Podcasts. It only takes a minute and helps more people find the episodes.
And, checkout the discount codes provided by show guests who offer unique products that I or Glen use. Click here: DISCOUNT CODES