What is athleticism?
- Aerobic Endurance — also known as cardiovascular fitness and stamina, is the ability to exercise continuously for extended periods without tiring.
- Muscular Endurance — the ability to repeat a series of muscle contractions without fatiguing.
- Muscle Strength — the ability to carry out work against a resistance.
- Explosive Power — the ability to exert a maximal force in as short a time as possible, as in accelerating, jumping and throwing implements.
- Speed / Quickness — the ability to move quickly across the ground or move limbs rapidly to grab or throw.
- Anaerobic Capacity — long sprinting ability, or the ability recover from repeat sprints (glycolytic system)
- Flexibility — the capacity of a joint to move through its full range of motion, which is important for execution of the techniques of sports.
- Agility — the ability to quickly change body position or direction of the body.
- Balance and Coordination — the ability to stay upright or stay in control of body movement is an important component of many sports skills.
- Reaction Time — the ability to respond quickly to a stimulus.
- Analytic and Tactical Ability— the ability of the mental system to evaluate and react to strategic situations (tactical ability).
- Motivation and Self Confidence — a motivated and focused athlete, with a level of belief in themselves, often seen as arrogance in athletes.
- Coping with Pressure — the ability to stay focused and perform up to expectations while under increasing pressure, and under changing conditions.
- Skill and Technique — the specific skill set and technique required to be successful in a particular sport.
- Website: humanvortextraining.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HVTraining\
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/hvtraining
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HVT412/
- Strength training certification course: http://s.bl-1.com/h/dl5nV3pk?url=https://strength-training-for-cyclist-certification.mykajabi.com/hvt-launch-closed
Menachem Brodie Bio
With over 20years of coaching experience and a sports-medicine background spanning from Emergency Medicine & Physical Therapy settings, to the NCAA Division I Strength & Conditioning setting, Coach Brodie brings with him an incredibly unique & diverse skill set, which has led to his work as a Health & Fitness Engineer for international companies in the Health, Wellness, & Fitness fields. Coaching since 2000, Menachem Brodie has been working with athletes in a number of settings, and a broad variety of sports. From Basketball and Cycling, to CrossFit and Triathlon, Brodie has helped numerous athletes to attain their goals, and beyond.
With his belief that one should Train Smarter, Not Harder, he has developed and polished his training philosophy over the last 2 decades, in order to allow his clients and athletes to not only excel in their sport of choice, but also in their professional lives.
Having earned a degree in Exercise Science from the University of Pittsburgh, Brodie has experience across the Health & Fitness spectrum including having worked as an Exercise Physiologist for a Bariatric Surgery Center for 2 years, working as the Strength & Conditioning coach in a Physical Therapy clinic for those who needed more guidance and direction to return to their sport or hobby, and working as an EMT running 911 calls. Suffice it to say, Brodie’s experience and background are far more reaching than the average coaches.
Menachem‘s Certifications include:
- USA Cycling Expert Coach, with Distinction
- USA Cycling Power Based Training Certified
- LEOMO Type-R Certified Coach
- NSCA-Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified Coach
- Postpartum Corrective Exercise Specialist